Monday, September 22, 2008

Go Rays!


For those of you not in the Tampa Bay area, our baseball team, The Rays, clinched it's first EVER playoff berth on Saturday. Katey and I watch them every night.......in fact, the first thing Katey asks me when she wakes up in the morning is "did they win?" I decided that we really needed to go to a game. Yesterday was my birthday and I couldn't think of a better way to spend it than to take Katey to a game........so off we went. Sita, Shawn and Anthony went with us.......Greg was in a continuing education class all weekend and couldn't go. :( We did have a great time.......they lost, but it was a fun experience. We got hot dogs and cracker jacks (no kidding!) and even though Katey and Anthony had their b-ball gloves ready, not ONE ball was hit our way. Afterwards we waited in an endless line (we are such AWESOME parents!) so that K & A could run the bases. Unless we get lucky and score some playoff tickets, we'll be back to watching on TV.......GO RAYS!!!!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Leigh and Katey,

We were at the game Friday night. We waited to long to buy tickets for Family day and the game was sold out. Katelyn asked me if I felt awkward as we were walking into the game Fri night. I couldn't figure out what she meant until she pointed out that 99.9 of the fans had Ray tee shirts on. So the Griffen girls love Katie's pink Ray shirt! Happy Brirthday.

Sue said...

I mean Happy Birthday!

Lesa said...

Happy Birthday,Leigh! Sorry I'm a day late. I even have your card ready and Katey's present...just need to box them and mail them. Heck at this rate I might as well bring them with us to DW. Ha

Sue, if you read this... Are you guys still meeting us there on that Thursday??????? We can't wait!!!!