Sunday, May 31, 2009

Vacation heaven!

















































































We're back from our wonderful escape to Cape Cod! Katey LOVED the airplane and I felt a little less tense (just a little though!) feeding off her excitement. We spent most of the week at my Aunt Sid and Uncle Beau's house and stayed in their awesome barn/loft. Papa and Pam came down, as well as my cousin Tina and two of her three girls, Bridget and Meredith. Katey had so much fun with her cousins....they ran around and just had a blast. We saw hermit crabs, toasted marshmallows, ate lobster, looked at all the bunnies hopping around the yard, and lay in the beautiful, soft, green grass. The weather was on the cooler side, but we were fine with that.....I hear it rained here the whole time we were gone. On Wednesday, we headed into Boston for the night, where we went on the infamous Boston Duck Tour, and then off to Tina's for our last night. One of our biggest thrills was seeing the ducklings in Boston Public Gardens. It was like walking into "Make Way for Ducklings," being in the park. In as much as we had a great time, we were ready to come home. A big UGH thinking about work tomorrow, but an awesome trip! Definitely won't wait another 5 years this time!

4 comments:

Lesa said...

Leigh, I'm so happy you got to go up there! I love BOSTON!!!!! That is one place that all of us want to go back to.
We took the Ghost Tour while we were there and their Aquarium is wonderful.
Did you ride the swan boats? I see that Greg was able to go too.

Oh which one is your dad?

Leigh said...

We didn't ride the swan boats, only because it was drizzling out and we went early and they weren't running yet....we didn't want to wait. My Dad is in the picture with Katey in pj's and wet hair....his gf Pam has curly hair. The other couple in the pic with Katey in the stripes is my aunt and uncle.

mdtoorder said...

Oh, I wish we'd been there too! It looks as if you all had great fun together! Tina's girls are getting SO big. I left Boston before the Duck Tours came in, but they look like a blast. DC has them too. It's always good to see your dad and Pam again. Aunt Sid and Uncle Beau are just ageless. What IS their secret, I wonder? (Lots of grandkids to chase around, probably! LOL!)

Lee

Kennda said...

Hi Leigh,
What a wonderful trip. I can see by the pictures everyone had a wonderful time. Katey is lucky to have such a wonderful mommie, family and friends.
L,
Kennda