Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day











So, my day started at 6:15 (ugh) with Katey running in SO excited that it was Mother's Day! I tried to tell her that every day was Mother's Day to me, but she was having none of it. I got up and opened up all the little handmade gifts from school.....a few keepers in there! ;) Sunday is usually our "get ready for Monday" day, but being Mother's Day, we had to do something out of the norm. We decided that we'd go over to Home Depot (woo woo) and inquire about growing tomatoes. About a hour, and $45 later, we were heading home with everything needed to grow tomatoes.......including gardening gloves for both of us. After lunch, after applying bug spray, sunscreen and floppy hats, we got it all together on the back porch (in desperate need of a pressure washing!) and began our project. I'm not sure, but Katey's favorite part might have been using her fan that squirts water......actually, very refreshing!!! :) We are very hopeful and look forward to grape tomatoes in about 6 weeks.......if all goes well. Not sure what's in store for the rest of the day......besides laundry, cleaning, etc......I think a trip to the pool might be in order. Hope all of you Mothers have a great day!!!

1 comment:

Lesa said...

Leigh, I checked your blog yesterday, but am now just seeing the new post.

Mike will be so proud of you two! He is a tomato lovin man. ha. Our garden it planted and ever so often he adds something else. You need to take a peek at Mike's garden on our blog.

I hope the tomato's work out for you and are very yummy.

Happy belated Mother's Day.

how hot is it now? We are having a cool day today. I have the heater on.