Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hoochie Coochie Dance







Today was the end-of-the-year program and Katey's teacher wanted her to sing a solo. The "problem" arose when Katey realized that if she sang the solo, she wouldn't be able to do "the dance" with the other girls. The song was "itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini." The dance is what I refer to as the "hoochie coochie" and I wasn't totally thrilled with it. BUT, I figured for 2-3 minutes I could bear it. It was funny, and Katey was awfully adorable, so I survived.......I'm sure I'll have many more "worse" things to survive in the years to come so I'd better get used to it! :)

5 comments:

Lesa said...

Cute, but what's up with the little boy back of her? Gee...

Looks like Katey has a sweet little friend and how happy they look.

Lesa

Gina said...

Very cute! So she didn't sing the solo?

Gina

Leigh said...

Gina,

No solo, they got one of the boys to sing it......Katey wanted to do the dance with the other girls. I didn't care if she sang the solo or not...I just was not thrilled about the dance...you'd understand if you could see it. Too hoochie mama for me! :)

Lesa,

That's K's buddy Michael behind her....no idea what he's up to. It was funny though because during the "HC" dance, the boys just stared blankly into space.....wait a few years and their eyes will be popping out of their heads! :)

Lesa said...

I'm actually surprised that they would do a dance like that at all for a school program... Dance yes, but preschool?

Leigh said...

I agree Lesa....but, it was all innocent and just fun through the eyes of the children. I told Katey to have fun in the program and then I didn't want to see that dance again! :) .....and I haven't!